Event At a Glance
|Division||B and C|
|Natl Thermodynamics (B) pg|
Natl Thermodynamics (C) pg
Teams must construct an insulated device prior to the tournament that is designed to retain heat and complete a written test on thermodynamic concepts.
Building Event Policies
- Thermodynamics Scoresheet 2018 - Check your device before the tournament!
- Significant Figures Information
During our tournaments, VASO will enforce only those clarifications issued by VASO; National clarifications and FAQs will not be valid in Virginia tournaments. For the State Tournament, the last day to submit clarification requests is March 28 and VASO will post all outstanding clarification responses, with the exception of any specific room dimensions required by the rules, by midnight, March 31. Room dimensions will be posted as they become available, usually two weeks before the tournament.
- meet every other rule, including the insertion of the beaker and having a 1.5cm unobstructed hole,
- be altered from its original purchased state by having a substantial modification to it, and
- Note per rule 3.f. event supervisors may request that the device be disassembled, which would include looking inside any layers of containers, vacuum chambers, etc.