Event At a Glance
|Division||B and C|
|Natl Thermodynamics (B) pg|
Natl Thermodynamics (C) pg
Teams must construct an insulated device prior to the tournament that is designed to retain heat and complete a written test on thermodynamic concepts.
Building Event Policies
- Thermodynamics Scoresheet 2018 - Check your device before the tournament!
- Significant Figures Information
During our tournaments, VASO will enforce only those clarifications issued by VASO; National clarifications and FAQs will not be valid in Virginia tournaments.
Clarification requests are closed for regional tournaments. All outstanding clarifications, with the exception of regional-specific room dimensions required by the rules, will be posted by midnight, January 13. Clarification requests will open again for States after the last regional.
- meet every other rule, including the insertion of the beaker and having a 1.5cm unobstructed hole,
- be altered from its original purchased state by having a substantial modification to it, and
- Note per rule 3.f. event supervisors may request that the device be disassembled, which would include looking inside any layers of containers, vacuum chambers, etc.